Friday, June 12, 2015

Weight loss, separation and going home

Anyone who has done even the slightest amount of networking with me knows that this past year has been a banner one for me personally. The changes going on in my life are huge, to say the least, and all of them are meant to prolong my life, if it's God's will, and to find some happiness that has been eluding me for too long.

Nine weeks ago, I had bariatric surgery and as of yesterday, I have lost 45 pounds since that surgery and 75 pounds in the past year total. I'm so grateful for this new tool I have now to lose the weight that has been hindering my health and lifestyle for so many years. I am more health-conscious now than I have ever been in my life, and as I continue to improve my health, it is also important for me to get my head and heart right as well, in an emotional sense.

That said, Bill and I have decided to separate and I am making plans to move home to Superior later this summer. After 24 years in Davenport, I can honestly say that I have never really felt totally at home here. Superior is my home and it's where I want to be for the time being. I look forward to spending more time with my brother, Bill, and son, Matt, along with my friends who I hold close to my heart.

Our separation is amicable, so you will not be hearing me tell stories of how I've been wronged or hurt. I have been married to this man for 32 years and whatever has gone on between us personally is no one's business but ours. I will say this, however... We had some good years together and that, along with the fact that he stepped up and was as good a dad as he could be to our children, will always deserve my respect.

As much as I look forward to returning to Superior, leaving here will be very difficult for me. My son, Mark and daughter, Amanda, and her family... my grandchildren, Adrianna, Brandon and Erik, will no longer be quite so much a physical part of my life. Thank heaven I know well the road that will lead me back to them now and then and I hope they will use that road as well.

It's a big step for a 60 year old woman to take on her own, but I'm ready for it. I'm hoping to become involved in promoting my hometown, possibly getting back to bowling and working on my family genealogy again. Most importantly, I want to spend as much time as I can with my brother. A few days just wasn't enough for me when I was there a couple of weeks ago.

So, start inboxing me on Facebook with your phone numbers if you'd like to get in touch when I'm back home. I truly cannot wait to see every one of you and catch up on everything I've missed all this time. I'll let you all know when I've settled in!

xxxJBDxxx

9 comments:

  1. Julie I am so happy you are finding your happiness! I hope we get to see each other in person soon! Love you cousin ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see you and Rick when you come home, Nancy!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. You are a very strong lady Julie, it almost makes me wish I lived closer to Superior to be there to watch and revel in your successes. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Should you ever want to go south give me a holler.

      Delete
    4. Thank you so much, Gailann and thank you for the invite as well. If you ever get back home again, you give me a holler too!

      Delete
  2. Now I have an excellent reason to come up to Superior!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope you will make the trip, Ruth. What fun we can have reminiscing and I'd love to show you around the old homesteads, too! LOL

      Delete
  3. Julie,
    So proud of you and cant imagine the determination this all took!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris! When you're handed two options... live or die... the determination comes pretty easy, at least in my case. :-)

      Delete