Thursday, May 14, 2020

This life updated...

Heraclitus, the Greek philosopher said, “Change is the only constant in life.” This is a quote that I have liked in one form or another for quite a long time. In fact, I have decided to add it to my bucket list and have it tattooed on my arm. Over the past few months, my bucket list has become more and more important to me. Not because I'm now 65 years of age or because there's a lot more grey than mousy brown on my head. Wish that there might be. No, it's because for the entire first month of the Coronavirus, I laid in a hospital bed, tubes running into a piccline with two or three different chemical poisons that were hoped to kill a cancer that was attacking my bone marrow.
Today, I am back at home and officially in remission. I will continue to have chemo treatments for the time being and I will keep adding things to my bucket list. I will also wear a face mask when I am in public and wash my hands whenever I should. These things seem so small to me now after what I've been through. After all, I have my son to watch after still. It is he I fought to get well for. God gave me the miracle I asked for and I will not let Him down now. The number one entry on my bucket list? Seeing to it that my son out-lives me and I plan on sticking around for a good long time.
xxxJMBxxx

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Julie! I cannot tell you how happy I am that God gave you the miracle of life and we are all stilling praying that Matthew has the same results. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete