Monday, May 18, 2020

Chemo Round 2

 I guess I'm a rookie when it comes to this medical stuff. They told me I'm in full remission and then in the next breath they said my summer would be filled with daily chemo and constant visits to the porcelain throne. They better not mess up my July 4th fireworks, because this year they'll be shooting them basically in my front yard! (Fairgrounds)
I'm back in the hospital for the week for IV chemo. On Saturday I'll go home and start a 4 week round of pill form chemo. Then I'll return to the hospital for another week of IV chemo and so on and so forth all summer long. I'm just praying that the chemo kills any chance of the Leukemia coming back and not kill me!
I couldn't be in better hands though. The nurses and CNA's on 9West at Essentia are truly the best. There's not one of them that I wouldn't go to bat for, for any reason. I've come to really know some of them enough to call them friends. Today, one of my favorites came to see me not long after I was admitted. It does a patient good to have those kind of vibes around them.
I'm happy in my element here. The food isn't the greatest, but I haven't lost 30lbs by binge eating after all! Here's to losing a few more pounds this week! 
xxxJMBxxx

5 comments:

  1. Always praying, Julie B.....always praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I did not know that you were back in the hospital. I am so sorry but if it is going to keep you from cancer...go for it. I am only a phone call away so when you want to talk, give me a call. Love ya'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be great to give you a call, but I don't know who you are! LOL You come b.c. up as unknown! Hahahaha

      Delete
  3. Warm thoughts for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete